Sunday, December 12, 2010

HAIR OR MAKEUP

Lately I have been getting a lot of questions about my career and what I like doing better, Hair or Makeup ?? Here's the thing, the salons I keep getting myself into are so far from what I like as a stylist, meaning that it's not the type of cliental that I like, it's very simple hair, typical foil nothing dramatic not a lot of maintenance just simple and pretty, Boston is very conservative and these women do not have a lot of time to get ready for the day so they need something that looks good but they don't want to spend a lot of time on it,which is totally fine, I do what they ask for and I am happy to give them what they want, but at the same time all the creative energy I have brewing in my head quickly goes out the door with every simple style that I do. If it wasn't the "norm" to get our hair cut or colored I'm sure most people would not even do it. People get haircuts because it's part of a routine and they have to or else it starts to look bad and at that point it "NEEDS" to be done not really "WANTS" to be done, and women who get their hair colored also get it done because partially it "NEEDS" to be colored because there is gray and no one wants to be gray. I hear a lot of women say I don't want to deal with the up keep, I don't want to commit,I don't have the time BUT women or girls who wear makeup wear it because they WANT to and they enjoy it and it is fun for them, it's not something that wears off in a few months and needs to be re applied or touched up, there is NO commitment to wearing makeup, only the one you create. Women and girls who wear makeup actually enjoy it and for some its a girly pretty fun thing to do, for others who are on camera or who work face to face with people like myself it can really make your features look amazing. Having great looking skin makes you feel great on the inside as well and having great hair it goes hand in hand but people generally only enjoy one or the other. For me it's a total package I do not want to look like barbie or someone that I am not but I do know that when I am well dressed, my hair looks great and my makeup is looking great, I on the inside feel my best and that shows on the outside as well, making you more confidant in who you are! So I guess my answer is makeup only because it's something that most really love to do because they like to wear it an want to not because it has to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment